Myself as a contemporary teacher



To what extent is it reasonable to conclude that if you are not experiencing positive or negative emotions about the materials and activities in any learning experience, that you are potentially disinterested or not motivated? Discuss in relation to your first emotional response to the nature of this unit.

My initial reactions towards beginning this unit on digital pedagogies came from feelings of self-doubt and lack of confidence. This was due to my inexperience with digital platforms. I have never been in a situation where I needed to create a website for an online blog or any other tools.

Elaborate on your emotions on engaging further with this unit? Positive, negative. Indifferent?
I began to feel intrigued and curious as I will know I will need these tools when teaching high school students who frequently use social media and many other online platforms.

To what extent do you have the commitment to actively interrogate your emotions, and your beliefs about creative pedagogy (that extends beyond the mere delivery of information to your learners)? How might you be challenged to engage as you enter this unit?
Personally, as a 21st century learner myself, I am committed to upskilling my skills so that I may stay up to date with an ever changing society. So that I can use digital tools practically, I need to ensure I am using them often and am learning as I go.

Identify your present values and beliefs about ICT in the classroom. Keep it brief and focused.
ICT is a vital tool for all student to keep up to date with and explore new avenues of learning in this ever-evolving society we live in. I believe that ICT is a great tool but I also can at times worry that students are too addicted to the use of them and at times do not understand that they are to be used as tools, rather than for games.

Your approach to teaching and learning
I aim to become a ITD and HPE teacher and know that technology will be used when teaching graphics, woodwork, metal work and even in HPE. I will use a mixture of hands-on approaches as well as allowing students to be creative through digital tools.

Identify any challenges to your current values and beliefs as you enter this unit?
So that I can best teach these subjects, I need to have an understanding on how to use theses programs myself. In high school I used certain technology’s when learning Graphics and manual arts subjects, but these technologies are most likely outdated now as that were many years ago. Hence, I will need to familiarize myself with modern technology.

What experience do you have with ICT in the classroom?
I am familiar with iPads as I currently work in a primary school as a teacher aide and have seen many ways that teacher have used this in the classroom. It is expected that when I teach in high school that I will need to be familiar re with eh use of laptops

No comments:

Post a Comment